How to Keep in Touch
A recent survey by LinkedIn found networking to be a key way for users to have success in their careers. However, keeping in touch was an issue because of lack of time or complacency when their careers are going well.
LinkedIn surveyed 15,905 members across 17 countries from Feb. 6 through March 18, and it found that:
- 80 percent of respondents believe professional networking is important to career success.
- 70 percent of those hired in 2016 joined companies where they had existing connections.
- Despite the high numbers reported above, 38 percent said they find it difficult to stay in touch with their networks, with 49 percent of those citing lack of time as the leading reason.
- 48 percent of respondents keep in touch with their networks when their careers are going well.
- 35 percent said casual conversations on LinkedIn messaging have led to new opportunities.
- 25 percent have established partnerships through LinkedIn messaging.
- 61 percent agree that regular online interaction increases their chances of leveraging contacts into job leads.
These numbers confirm the importance of growing and nurturing your network. I use Contactually as my CRM to help me stay focused. Here's an older video I created to show you how I use Contactually's bucket system.
I'm a Contactually partner so if you decide to give it a try, I'll earn a small commission. I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't love it though. Check out the free trial here.